While our clients are at the heart of everything we do, we recognise that life outside of work is important too and our approach to flexible working and target hours for fee earners reflect this. What really sets us apart is our friendly, open and inclusive culture. People join and stay at BDB Pitmans as they get the benefits of challenging work in a supportive and professional atmosphere. The firm has been recognised in the UK Best Companies to Work For Lists as;
- One of the 20 Best Law Firms to work for; and
- One of the 100 Best Companies to work for in the South East.
The Marketing, Communications and Events team and responsible for building and promote the brand of the firm. This includes campaigns, events management, internal communications and work as a communications agency to the firm.
To assist the Senior Events Executive with day-to-day marketing and events operations across the firm.
The Marketing and Events Assistant will also work closely with the Business Development and Client Relationships teams.
The main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Update the BDB Pitmans website using the site’s content management system, WordPress.
- Assist with the creation of internal newsletters, external blog posts and event invitations using the firm’s email marketing software, Vuture.
- Assist with the management of social media activity across LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
- Liaise with the Senior Brand and Graphic Designer to produce marketing collateral.
- Be a ‘Brand Champion’ and ensure consistency of marketing materials.
- Provide support to all Marketing team members as required.
- Provide general administrative support to the Senior Events Executive, helping them to deliver the firm's events programme across all offices.
- Assist on-site at BDB Pitmans events, helping with event set up and break down, attendee registration, welcoming and registering guests, and being on hand to deal with attendee queries.
- Assist with venue and supplier research and help to maintain external relationships.
- Oversee stock levels of events materials and re-order when required.
- Monitor centralised Inboxes on a daily basis, responding to any enquiries within 24 hours and updating records on the firm’s CRM system, InterAction.
- Research and order promotional merchandise as needed.
- Process and document invoices in a timely manner.
- Working outside of normal working hours will be required to deliver events and time off in lieu or overtime will be available for this.
Who we are looking for
- Educated to degree level or equivalent - preferably Marketing or English degree.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Work experience in the professional services sector desirable.
- Previous experience of updating a website CMS and using HTML email marketing software desirable.
- Previous experience of InterAction desirable.
- InDesign/Photoshop skills desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisation skills with a methodical approach and attention to detail.
- Ability to work under time constraints and prioritise workload.
- Works effectively both independently and as a part of a team.
- Delivers outstanding service to clients and colleagues.